Train with us on a School Direct or SCITT PGCE programme and choose a specialist area within primary schools. Our courses are tailored to help you reach your dream job!
Which course is right for you?
Education is a life long journey and we want you to feel confident right from the start of your NQT year. This is why we specialise our training on either Early Primary (teaching 3 - 7 year olds) or Primary (teaching 5 - 11 year olds). You will gain a full PGCE which means you can teach from Foundation Stage up to Year 6.
Whilst you'll learn the principles of teaching for the whole primary phase, you will specialise in developing an in-depth understanding of how children learn at different stages. Most importantly we'll train you in the skills of organising your classroom, managing behaviour and bringing joy to children's lives through engaging exciting lessons. You'll be taught how to teach and what to teach through a blend of theory and practical sessions. This secure knowledge will increase your confidence in placement and when applying for your first teaching role. Many of our graduates have risen quickly to middle management and easily adapted to a different key stage because of their expertise.
- Primary - You'll learn how to deliver subject knowledge for teaching up to Key Stage Two, breaking this down into small learning steps. On your placements, you'll build up your teaching trying our what you've been taught. See the timetable.
- Early Primary - You'll learn the principles of early learning and how to adapt your teaching to fit how very young minds grow and develop. We'll teach you all about childhood development and learning through play as well as more structured approaches. See the timetable.
- Special Needs - You'll teach in two mainstream schools and then finish with a final placement in one of our fabulous Special School partners. As part of all of our courses, you receive SEN training from our partners at Ash Field Academy.
- Maths - You'll be qualified to teach in Primary Schools but with additional training to specialise in Maths. If you have an A-Level in Maths at grade B or above, a bursary of £6000 is currently available.
- Catholic Schools - At least one of your placements will be in a local Catholic school. This is delivered in partnership with our School Direct partners at Leicester Catholic Schools Teaching Alliance.
The Early Years SCITT course is the best thing I've ever done. I was given comprehensive training in a wide variety of settings, excellent support and guidance and was well prepared for life as a teacher and beyond. In fact, now I am the EYFS Phase Leader and part of the Senior Leadership Team. I would definitely recommend the SCITT. Go on, go for it!Rachel G, 2019
I trained on the Leicester and Leicestershire SCITT course and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's an excellent course and all of the tutors are constantly going out of their way to do anything they can do to help you. We are given the opportunity to get really stuck in and spend a lot more time working with children in schools. All of the trainers are people working closely within the local area and helping schools to keep their standards high which means we're all getting the best of the best training. I couldn't imagine going down any other route!Rachel L - 2018